Organised by PEP, on Thursday 20th February 2014 there will be a Fundraising Bingo Night at The Ashvale, Inverurie. For the price of a ticket you get an Ashvale Supper and an evening’s entertainment – so why not join us? The event starts at 7pm and tickets cost £13. Please e-mail Kay Diack for tickets: email@example.com.
Organised by the Harlaw Association, the annual Family Fun Day is on Saturday 18th May at the Pitscurry site. It’s free entry with live music and a bouncy castle… and PEP is officially opening the new cafe at the site! We’ve also got special guests from the Beechgrove Garden – Jim McColl and Carole Baxter! So why not come along and join us – it will be a great family day out!
PEP Talk #7 is now available online. Read about the upcoming Family Fun Day and Cabin Open Day! Have you joined the PEP Talk email list? Download PEP Talk here.
The official opening of the new Interpretation Centre and Cafe facility at the Pitscurry site will take place on the 18th May. In the Cafe we will have some lovely new tables made especially for us by the Benchmark Woodwork Project in Ellon. Each of these tables will have space for a sponsorship plaque that can hold the name of a local business or organisation. We have
seven no places left for sponsorship which will help to fund the project. The cost for this per table is £150.
If you are interested in sponsoring a table or know of a business that we might approach for sponsorship then please get in touch with Kay Diack, our funding manager, via the website contact form or simply by replying here or on Facebook.
- One table sponsorship has been snapped up, so we are down to six available now. Many thanks to John Bell Pipeline, Thainstone Business Park, Inverurie.
- Down to five! We have another sponsor for a table: Country Frames Gallery. Thank you!
- Another table snapped up, this time by Inverurie & District Round Table. Thanks!
- J & W Thomson Plumbing and Heating Ltd have sponsored one of the cafe tables. Thank you!
- Nexen, Inc. have helped us out and sponsored one of the last remaining tables. Thanks!
- Graham Turner, Plasterer and Tile Fixer, Pitcaple. Thank you!
- Diack Associates, Inverurie – thanks! 😀
We had hoped that 105 saplings from the Woodland Trust would be planted up at the site this week but the ground is still frozen and the snow has returned. Instead, the tree planting will now be held on the 27th March. Any volunteers to help with this activity would be greatly appreciated.
Due to the snow still covering everything and the ground still being too hard we have re-arranged the planting – yet again – for the 24th April.